ESTIMATOR| Salary Negotiable PERMANENT
As an Estimator you will be part of the UK’s leading architectural glass specialist. In the fast track industry of commercial building, we pride ourselves in offering quality service and innovative design that allows our clients to create flexible workspaces. OAG has extensive experience in the design, development and installation of architectural glazing, balustrading, facade’s, curtain wall, atriums, fire glass products, glass roofs and floor systems. The successful candidate will have knowledge of glass, various curtain wall systems and steel and cladding materials. ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of specialist glazing and curtain walling
- Commercially aware
- Able to work efficiently and proactively
- Proven experience as a Quantity Surveyor at intermediate level.
- Able to deal well with people at all levels within their client as well as suppliers.
- Eligible to work full time within the UK.
- Review tender enquiry documents
- Take off quantities where necessary from drawings
- Attend sites as required and take clients brief
- Identify, prepare and send out enquiries for materials and sub-contract items
- Receive and evaluate prices for materials and sub-contractors
- Build up price using our estimating system
- Liaise with BDM’s to ensure that any tender presentation is required in adequate time
- Present the price for adjudication
- Finalise any changes and submit price
- Attend mid-bid and post tender meetings
- Prepare handover documents once a project has been secured