As a Project Designer you will be part of the UK’s leading architectural glass specialist. In the fast track industry of commercial building, we pride ourselves in offering quality service and innovative design that allows our clients to create flexible workspaces. OAG has extensive experience in the design, development and installation of architectural glazing, balustrading, facade’s, curtain wall, atriums, fire glass products, glass roofs and floor systems. The successful candidate will have knowledge of glass, various curtain wall systems and steel and cladding materials. Experience with 2D Autocad is essential, experience of Solidworks and / or Revit is advantageous.
With 3-5 years design experience in glazing, fenestration, cladding or similar industry, candidates will have the following characteristics:
- Drive: to set and achieve challenging objectives.
- Interpersonal effectiveness: understand the view, feelings and concerns of others, and build effective relationships.
- Self management: accept & fulfil responsibilities and to remain effective in stressful or rapidly changing circumstances.
- Customer focus: ability and willingness to understand clients and meet their needs.
- Adaptive: remain effective in varying environments, tasks or responsibilities.
- Problem analysis: identify problems, gather relevant information, relate data from different sources, and draw conclusions.
- Planning and organisation: for self and / or others to accomplish a specific goal.
- Represent OAG design confidently at external client meetings.
- Specify glass and glazing solutions
- Competent detailing of standard systems, such as Raico, Schuco, Point fixed glazing
- To know all relevant legislation regarding glass selection to be Building Regulation compliant, as well the guidelines issued by the CWCT.
- To have a good working knowledge of the BS8300 and Part M legislation.
- To be able to confidently predict program, and maintain progress against that program.
- To be accurate with presented work, keeping checking time and rework time to an absolute minimum.
- To be 100% compliant with the design procedure laid out within our ISO9001 document.
- Provide a complete project design, using 2D and 3D cad, including General arrangements and details, component fabrication drawings, schedules, risk assessments etc.