Design Scheduler / Detailer| Salary Negotiable PERMANENT
Undertake in-house design of OAG Projects. This role is primarily to produce information for OAG’s factories and supply chain in the form of fabrication drawings and schedules.
Produce Fabrication information in the form of schedules, cutting lists or component drawings, as required, to an agreed program. Liaise with OAG Project Design Managers and Project Managers along with the supply chain to ensure precise requirements are met. Follow OAG design Manual guidelines at all times.
Ensure fabrication information reflects manufacturers recommended methodology.
Ensure fabrication information correctly reflects structural calculation requirements.
Undertake checking responsibilities for fabrication information generated by other Design Technicians.
Visit Sites as necessary to ascertain conditions, carrying out basic surveying if required.
Design Review – revise and re-issue commented drawings.
Assist Contract/Project Managers with the production of accurate, realistic design programs for current or forthcoming projects.
Whilst this role is predominantly focused on production of fabrication information, workload may dictate that you will also
- Produce Drawing Schedules, General Arrangement and Working drawings for Design team approval.
- Prepare requests for Information / Query sheets as required, and monitor replies.
- Provide Design and Technical Support for all other departments as required.
- Attend Design Handover Meetings from the estimating department, and agree / compile a design brief for the project.
- Ensure delivery of all information to design team, and approval thereof, in accordance with project programme requirements.
- Attend Design Meetings as required throughout the design process.
Any other appropriate duties as may be required.
Health, Safety and environmental Responsibilities
Health, safety and environmental responsibility falls to us all. This role requires that you:-
- Take into consideration any health and safety risks in the design including maintenance of the final product.
- Identify any residual risks associated with the design in the SHE box on the drawings.
- Identify any residual risks associated with the design in the Designers Risk assessment.
- Take into consideration any environmental impacts (e.g. material selection) when undertaking design.
- Ensure that any project sustainability requirements (e.g. BREEAM, LEED etc.) are addressed in design.