South Bank Tower, designed by Richard Seifert, was originally a thirty-storey tower completed in the early 1970s. Hermes Investment Management and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board purchased the commercial elements of the tower in 2014, which are today undergoing an extensive shell and core to CAT A redevelopment, the design and construction of ten floors of fit out to offices, core areas and reception in the Tower; eight floors of fit out to offices, core areas and reception in the Podium and enhanced entrances to make them more prominent.
Our scope of works include:
• Retail units glazing to street level; formation of both temporary and permanent shop fronts.
• The works to the Podium reception include the alteration of the existing cladding to accommodate the new proposed layout.
• Frameless glass revolving door with glass soffit and glazed curved walls.
• Canopy – Fully glazed soffit constructed in two halves from laminated/toughened glass.
• Curtain walling screens to Tower reception consisting of aluminium capped curtain walling system.
Podium Shop Front:
• Curtain walling flush glazed doors.
• MANUAL aluminium framed bottom rolling sliding/folding door in 11 panes (including a moveable corner post).
• Curtain walling screens to the Podium shop front consisting of an aluminium silicone toggle jointed curtain walling system.
• MANUAL aluminium framed bottom rolling sliding/folding door in 5 panes (including a moveable corner post).
• Curtain walling screens to Podium consisting of an aluminium capped curtain walling system.
• Removal of existing cladding to reception areas and setting aside for new works.
Hero Staircase Enclosure:
• Glass enclosure to Hero staircase consisting of a mild steel laser welded curtain walling system, capped to the peripheral and silicone toggled jointed to the intermediate horizontal transoms. Mild steel curtain walling system.
• Glass enclosure to new Hero staircase – floors ground to 9th.